Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more such videos – https://goo.gl/zDVVYu
New Videos on Wednesday-Friday-Sunday!
Today everybody is talking about the benefits of chia seeds and how it helps in losing weight. But do you know it’s not a fat cutter or helps in losing weight but it helps in controlling your hunger and keeps you full for long.
What is Chia Seeds?
Chia seeds is a whole grain which is rich in protein, dietary fibers, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and other vital minerals which makes this a Superfood. Chia seeds are tiny black & white seeds that from the plant called Salvia Hispanica, which is related to the mint plant.
Chia seeds were an important food for the Aztecs and Mayans people way back in those days. It was an energy booster as in Mayan language “Chia” means strength.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
From the recent research it says, the chia seeds benefits are even greater than that we have realized. Chia seeds benefits include promoting healthy body, beneficial for diabetic people, promotes healthy skin by reducing signs of aging, also it supports heart and digestive track, also it builds stronger bones and muscles since its rich in calcium and vitamin D too, and more.
Nutritional Content (according to an article)
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Nutrient Database, a 28-gram, or one-ounce serving of chia seeds contains:
- 131 calories
- 4 grams of fat
- 07 grams of carbohydrate
- 2 grams of fiber
- 6 grams of protein
- No sugar
- A perfect breakfast – It’s rich in dietary fibers which helps with satiety, the feeling of fullness. In fact it contains protein and omega-3 fatty acids which makes it a perfect meal for all the vegetarians who can’t have eggs or other animal based food to complete the need to omega-3 and protein. Since it also keeps you full for long. You don’t over eat, also suppresses your appetite which can contribute positively if you are trying to lose weight.
- Healthy Heart – It contains linoleic acid and contains zero cholesterol. And the fatty acids helps in absorbing vitamins like Vitamin A, D, K, and E. Omega-3 protects your heart and lowers the blood pressure which makes this a perfect food for heart patients.
- Helps in Treating Diabetes – Since it contains linoleic acid and dietary fibers, it prevent metabolic disorders like dyslipidemia (i.e. excessive fat in the blood) and insulin resistance, which are two factors in the development of diabetes (published in the British Journal of Nutrition).
- Strong Bones – It contains 18% of daily amount of Calcium. Also it contains boron. And boron helps in metabolizing calcium, magnesium, manganese and phosphorus for healthy growth of bones and muscles.
- Good Bowel movement – Chia seeds create a jelly type consistency that acts like a prebiotic and that supports the growth of probiotics in your gut.
- Great for Skin and Hair – Since it contains antioxidants and other minerals like phosphorous, magnesium and potassium this makes this food to be great for skin and hair.
Note: Make sure you consume chia seeds by absorbing them in water and other fluid. And avoid taking it dry. Also stick to 1 to ½ tablespoon of chia seeds in a day.
I hope you like today’s post. If you have any query or concern please do share it in the comment section. I will be back with yet another post related to health, beauty and makeup. And always remember “Beauty Lies Within”. Stay Healthy and Stay Happy.